Friday, March 16, 2012

Seven

So, what do you do when your big little man decides he wants a WWE party a couple of weeks before his birthday. Even though he knows nothing about wrestling! lol! Well, you do your best and give the child his wish! It's always a plus, when you can't find anything WWE party related at all. Nothing in stores and not much on the net, either. Oh, and our whole family was sick the week of his birthday. One more thing, I know nothing about wrestling! ;)

 I ended up buying everything from Wal-Mart the DAY before his little party. I also had to have his cake re-made at the bakery. Boy, was that a mess. I have the worst luck with good looking cakes. 

Everything came to together just perfectly at the last minute. Ain't it weird how everything just falls into place and works out?! I know I stress out over the smallest things, but I just want everything perfect for him. Birthdays only come once a year, so I want them to be extra special!

Oh, the Birthday Boy approved! Extra Mama points!





 Birthday pancakes!
 Do you know who this guy is?
 I had no idea he acted like a thuggish-ruggish bone! lol!
Oh, he also wears a chain with a pad lock around his neck! 
So bad to the bone!




 About the cake, I called and asked if they had a WWE cake. She said yes. I went to pick it up and it's green, yellow and has tons of bright colored sprinkles! Oh! Let's no forget the wrestler was face down in the cake! No Ma'am! You can take this back! I think I had panic attack right there! This is the reason I always pick up cakes the day before a party. It's still a generic looking wrestling cake, but way better than before.


 Already wrestling and having fun!

I know in the end, it wasn't the fanciest party in the World and that's okay! There is one thing I have learned in the short time I have been a Mama and it seems like the more simplified things are the more fun we have and enjoy more.

Happy 7th Birthday!


8 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

You are such a great mom and you made both of your sons so happy! The party looks like it turned out fabulous! One day they will realize how hard you worked at it...for now, they are having the time of their lives!

XO,
Jane

Jen S. said...

Happy Birthday to Gracen! Everything looks great! :)

Pamela said...

Jennifer he looks THRILLED!! Hope he had a fabulous day. My oldest will be 8 next week. Ohm y how fast they grow.

Kelly said...

I love his cake! It was perfect. I think you pulled it off just fine. Looks like you had some good ideas up your sleeve. I think his big smile says it all!

Misty said...

Oh I think that's the Miz! K had a picture of him in his room for a recent ringside event lol. Most all boys go wrestling crazy some time in their childhood, some never outgrow it!!! You did great Mom!!!! Happy Birthday to Gracen!!!

Kathy said...

Hi Jennifer I have been mia for awhile but had to pop by and just love your little boys, not so little anymore..oh how I could have just one day back of my son at 7, they grow so fast!

Gypsy Heart said...

Both boys are totally adorable! I agree with you re: the smaller celebration too. As long as they get the #1 item, a cake and fun, it's all good.

Pat

Kristi said...

LOL I am a veteran WWE mom!! I went into this kicking and screaming but now I actually like it (did I say that out loud????)!!! And your right, they sell NOTHING for birthday's!! Have to get creative but it's fun! Happy Birthday to your baby boy!
Kristi