Monday, July 18, 2011

July 4th Goodies

I meant to post this a long time ago! Oops! 
I got us all  (mainly the boys) ;) some treats to take with us on our trip.


I have been picking stuff up at stores for the longest time for this trip! If it looked patriotic looking, I bought it!
 Hmmmmm....I think you could say I was excited!


Do you see the red, blue, and white tortilla chips? Those was my fav! Bought those at World Market.






Fake baked some sweets!
Say what? Fake bake? Yes Ma'am! Store bought Rice Krispies treats just added white chocolate and sprinkles. Box cake mix and can icing........
Hey, I just go for looks! ;)
The pretty package makes things taste better, right?




Little secret........I even burned the bottom of the cupcakes!
Thank God my husband didn't marry me for my cooking!


Now it's time to start obsessing over Halloween goodies!
I can't wait!

13 comments:

Jen S. said...

I love all of the goodies! They look so cute, and yummy, and festive!

Sunny Simple Life said...

How so super cute and festive you are and all your goodies. I love Halloween too. We have more Halloween decorations than Christmas.

Mary said...

Hi Jennifer - long time but lovely to have you stop by! Can see you've been keeping busy during these hot Summer days................and those boys are growing fast!

Your celebration baking and shopping looked like a fun time, even it you did burn the cupcakes, lol!

Hugs - Mary

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

These are all so cute. I did not know you were so creative!

Anna said...

so much fun! you definitely have a talent for the seasonal decorating, my kids would love it if I made something like this.

Donnie said...

That's a beautiful bright display. The grandkids love to come over here because I buy some weird stuff at Sam's snackwise and they get to eat it here but not at home. Their momma says it's okay since I hate to cook too. I have a sign on the wall that says "I only have a kitchen because it came with the house"....too true...lol.....

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Ohh fun. And yes very patriotic :) Its prob better that you waited to post this until now.since all the blogs were bambarbed with after the 4th pics..so this way its fun and fresh! If that makes sense ;)

Lynn said...

Looks like fun, I'm sure the kids loved it:@)

Gypsy Heart said...

Fun! I know your kids must have loved all this. Making great memories ~

Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

Fun! I know your kids must have loved all this. Making great memories ~

Pat

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Very patriotic! You asked if my cook book stand was Paula Dean...yes it is! Got it on Amazon.com
Hugs,
Penny

Misty said...

OH MY Goodness!!! I just seen your comments. I can't believe we were there at the same time and didn't get to meet up. We left out on Sunday morning (day of parade) due to some plans we had back home. We visit that area at least once or more a year so I think a hookup is in the near future. I'm so sad I missed you!

Unknown said...

How stinkin cute is all this?! It always tastes better if it's pretty, right? That's what I always say! Now stop giving out all your cooking secrets, you made it at home so therefore it IS homemade!! You are making me hungry. Those rice crispy treats look adorable, I guess I'm a little late for leftovers?!