Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Hillsville Adventure!

We was there for 5 whole minutes and my husband already knocked something over!
The owner of the stuff my husband knocked over, looked like he wanted to kill us!
We walked off and the man said, "Where's my man?" My hubs turned around and went back and helped him look for "his man" and he found it! Thank God! The owner shook my hubs hand and we went on our merry way. Tell you the truth I was ready to RUN!

So, there's not many pics of this trip. Plus, people had signs up that said no pictures. I wasn't in the mood to have death stares again. I know last year at the Christmas Show a man went all ape sheet on me for taking pictures. I personally don't get it. 


My dad is a vendor at this show.
 He sells these crazy birdhouses.
Which reminds me,
I need to call him.




What did I bring home?


3 yard flags for $10.00! 
Awesome price!


Smaller size galvanized tub $6.00
Smaller sized watering can $12.00


Vintage Halloween picks $1.00 each.


My personal favorite find, this creepy old doll head!
Will be perfect for my Halloween decorating!
Only $6.00! The cracks and eyes are just perfect!

It was fun and I'm still recovering! 
They don't call that place Hillsville for nothing! 
I hope you guys are doing well!

Another crazy adventure to add to my list!

Joining: 
Linda at Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays!

20 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

This looks like a great place to be. I love your tub, watering can and fall flag. Great finds!!! Now, the doll head, ooooh weeee, I don't know if I would have had the nerve to bring that thing home with me, lol. It is a little spooky looking.

Donnie said...

Looks like you got some great bargains especially the dolls head....creepy...lol...

Charlotte said...

Looks like fun! I agree with you about taking photos. The majority of people wanting to take a photo does not want it to make money. We want to use it in our blog!! Another pet peeve of mine is not sharing patterns or recipes!

Jen S. said...

I would've loved going there! You got some great stuff...and I'm with you--that scary doll head is PERFECT for Halloween! Super cool :)
Have a great week Jennifer!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

okay, the doll head is creepy. I guess you will do something fun with it. Great prices on the galvanized items.

xinex said...

What a fun trip, just my kind of thing....Christine

Holly @ BeachCoveJewelry said...

Creepy is right! That should scare someone on Halloween :)

The White House Baby said...

great finds, well except that creepy doll head..it kinda scares me lol!

Kristi said...

I want to come to your flea markets! They always look like so much fun! And that doll head is scary as heck, LOL! I can't wait to show my dh :)
xoxo

Becca Bertotti said...

What FUN ... love your finds (especially the galvenized tub); however, I must admit ... scary doll head. LOL

Kelly said...

Looks like you found alot of neat stuff! I always hate when I see signs that won't allow pictures. I don't understand why they do that. It's not like they're the secret service! Ha! Those Halloween cake pics look very familiar to me because my birthday is on Halloween. I still get a cake decorated in that theme every year. It is so much fun. Keeps me feeling young.

Michele Smith said...

I must have missed this post while I was MIA waiting for my husband to deploy.
Looks like sooo much fun there! You found some great stuff, I love those cupcake picks. That doll head will be perfect for halloween!

Thanks for the heads up on the JR watkins products, I'll have to check it out.
BTW I love your cover song!

Erin said...

I'd love to go shopping with you! :)

Vicki said...

Love the galvanized tins and that creepy doll head purchase is very timely with Halloween! Have fun with her. THanks for stopping by my place this week too. xoxo

Michele Smith said...

Hey girl I got the mirror from Carolina Pottery!

Pamela said...

Looks like a lot of fun that is if nothing gets broken!;) Great finds!

sweet southern inspiration said...

Oh man, I am so excited right now, I have found so many great southern blogs tonight! I am new to the south and just love it here so much and am embracing all things southern...startin with my accent (which for now is still a work in progress, but I am workin on it!) Anyway, I am in upstate SC and am happy to find you! My next project is to learn how to thrift and flea market. :)

sweet southern inspiration said...

Love your blog! I am working on learning on how thrift and flea market...this southern life is still new to me and I am LOVING it.

Melissa Miller said...

This looked like fun Jennifer!

Kathy said...

Can you tell I'm finally catching up....babysitting the grands and just loving your posts...ok that doll is creepy and leave it to creative you to know what to do with this...perfect! I can't wait to see it!